Saturday, August 20, 2011

School is on the BRAIN!!!

This is always a very challenging time for me.
Good and Bad!
I love having my kids around,
But.... case and point,
     I took my two oldest to the doctor,
And then finishing school shopping,
And our 8 yr old was on
For the 8 hours we were out and about...
with out pause... 
Is that possible?

"The apple does not fall far..."
Many of you who know us well,
Are probably whispering this under your breath...

shhh!

These guys are energetic and so ready to take on life, and I love it...
LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Which is why it is so hard for me to send them on to somewhere else, someone else.

It has been such a blessing for me to be able to stay home with our girls.
I was able to see every first giggle, every first step....
and all the silly antics our girls could come up with.
I do not take that lightly at all.
I am very thankful.
AND....
I appreciate all the momma's that pine for that time...
Although,
They probably have their 'act' together way better than I do :)

Over the years, sending them off to school, has always been horribly difficult.
It has driven me to tears at many points.
But most importantly, it has brought me to my knees.
And, year after year the LOUDEST words I receive are...
"IF YOU TAKE OUT THE LIGHT, WHAT THEN IS LEFT?"
These are the words God has given me,
They are not one size fits all,
And dare I try to put them in a box to say they will never change.

In fact in one school, we did decide to pull out our girls to homeschool briefly. I can not say that it was the school, it was a good school. It was just not a good fit for us at the time.
So for a brief minute, I had my lovely girls back
Wow... What a WONDERFULLY HARD MINUTE!!!
But, well worth it.

We have since moved two more times, each time moving schools.
I am so pleased with our current school, it is not perfect...
The staff and the parents, that can, really try to make it GREAT....
And this... I can truly appreciate.
Do I have concerns?
Sure...but, God has always worked them out.
And, as I said before, I am constantly on my knees,
Asking for guidance,
And boldly walking in the confidence I find in his words.

SO BRING ON THE GLUE,
BRING ON THE HOMEWORK,
AND BRING ON THE CRAZY.....
Cus we are ready....
Oh, God, Please Make Me Ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment