Monday, August 22, 2011

Goals

Goals are tricky little things, but mean a lot to people.
They give security to some and focus to others.
I respect that, just never been very good at it.
 But to be successful at something worthwhile,
There needs to be a destination,
Especially, when you have others along for the ride.

So for those of you, who have stopped by,
I pray you decide to 'come along', for the continued ride...

Please, Brace Yourself...
There maybe sudden stops,
Fast turns...
And maybe even a few U-turns,
OK... probably a lot of U-turns.

I do always have a goal in mind...
often in my mind..
That tends to be the biggest problem...
And I pray over it daily....
Asking for guidance, and wisdom,
And umpf, to carry it through.


SO.....
My goal is to give, you the reader, a reason to stay.

Not by entertainment, or silly stories alone.

No, more importantly by Encouragement. 

It is my Goal that You are lifted by what is spoken, and shown here.
That you too, may find your UMPH...

Whether it be, tackling your bathroom tiles....which can be super pretty when they sparkle...but really hard to make happen.

Or walking away from an establishment that does not treat you well, which is very difficult and embarrassing...especially with kids in tow.
   (I know, I was that kid many a time, when my folks would pick us up and walk out.)

OR, BETTER YET,
Following your dreams....
I love Passion, 
Oh it looks so good on people, 
When guided in truth.

See, it looks like I am off path again...
The thing is...
Life is the path...
And, It is my goal to embrace it,
To embrace those who are in it.
The doers, The shakers... and the folks behind them, giving them their encouragement.


Please,
I employ of you all,
and ask for your prayer,
As a reader,
And as my friends,
To hold me accountable...
To encourage me to stretch further than possible...
To reach more and more hearts and minds.
To follow the inspiration and passion of those around me.

These are the goals I have been given.



No comments:

Post a Comment