Monday, July 25, 2011

MoNdAy, SweET mOnDAy


OH...And we are already off to a new week.
We pray you all had a wonderful weekend packed full of great memories.

Our weekend flew by way to fast, as it normally does. BUT..... because of our post at the end of last week, about being deliberate, our weekend had a little more focus than normal.

Thank You everyone.
You see, when you put something out there like... 
'Do good stuff for your family'.... 
It holds you accountable.

SO we had a list of wonderful things to do this weekend.
Straighten the house....That sounds soooo boring, but it really makes a difference in your overall demeanor...ahhh.
Paint bird houses that we have had sitting for over 6 years...
Go to the FARMERS MARKET....
GO to the Library.
AND ENJOY EACH OTHER, like a happy family from a 50's tv serious....

This is what happens when left unattended...Yes we were trying to get ready to head out.
Yeah well... it didn't all happen....
But you know what?
It was ok.
Because in the back of our minds we had resolved,
prior to the hustle and bustle of the weekend,
that we would, above all, enjoy ourselves and each other.
That did happen.

The guy in the house was able to help some wonderful new friends move into their FIRST HOME...that is pretty special. It meant, however, the use of our main vehicle, the one that seats us all. BECAUSE, it is able to pull our trailer....
SO can you guess the trickle affect...
We were house bound for the day.
POINT A and POINT B, went out the window.

OH but what happen next was amazing...remember the mention of Dave Ramsey early last week, well.... we also 'started' that with our little ones. It is a Commission Chart. Not to be confused with allowance...(We will surely address this in another post later)...

Our oldest went with her daddy to 'help' our friends move. She is 10. Not sure how much moving she was going to do, but she was able to 'help' with their little ones. Allowing her the opportunity to be the big girl.

Most of you know when one child is out of the normal routine, the dynamics completely change...

 So our 2nd oldest, our goal oriented 8yr old, got her Commission Chart out. She proceeded to write her ENTIRE list of chores. She was going to make some bucks.

First on her list,
PICK UP DOG POOP.....WHAT? 
Out the door she goes with baggies in hand....ahhhh really?
Next dishes, and trash, and this and that....... It went on for ever and ever....
Not once did I... YES I, the momma.... Have to ask for her to do anything...
In fact, several times I asked her if she could take a break.
She would look at her list and ponder...
"ahhh, When I finish....'this and this and this', I can take a break".
SHE inspired me to continue on.
There were many times that I wanted to stop, and I would look at her as she diligently kept to keeping, and thought to myself, 'I can't stop, cus she wont!'..
SHE EVEN DID THE LAUNDRY......
Oh my, it was a Beautiful Day!!

Ok to recap...what shifted....
We had mental plans,
After the Library, reading/singing a nursery rhyme book/cd 
They didn't happen the way we envisioned...
We moved on and choose to be flexible.
In that we opened our hearts to be blessed and to bless each other.
I the momma, stood out of the mix, enough to allow my daughters to set their own pace, and had my socks blown off...

Now, not every day is filled with joys and splenders, but this was a day that I will not forget.
AND my children, well... they all had a chance to grow, in themselves, a little more.

So AGAIN I, the momma, am Thankful...Because of You, I was held accountable to my own words.

We did not get to go to the Farmer's Market,
We did not get to paint the 6yr old bird houses, but they still wait for us :)
Obviously, we did get to straighten our home.
And we did, eventually, get to go to the Library.
That is a story in its self.
While sitting at the kiddie table in the kiddie section of the Library,
I sat with the most amazing kid book...
It brought tears to my eyes...
IN THE LIBRARY, IN THE KIDDIE SECTION....
it took me EVERYTHING to hold my tears back,
really at the library in the kids section?... 
I will share this book with you all.
It is about community...hahaha
Funny, how God does that, huh?

For all of you reading, how was your weekend?
What shifts did you encounter?
What memories will you choose to keep?

I can not tell you all enough of how thankful we are
that you are reading along as we journey along.
There is so much power in words. 
They can teardown and they can edify,
but most importantly they hold, their user, accountable.
Please, I employ you all to, hold us accountable to our words.
And We Challenge You, to do the same, in your day to day connections.
This is what happened while I was posting...Yes please hold me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment